Please see the link for information on this property.
* 6 bedroom (3 up + 3 down) bungalow, ~2300 sq.ft. of living space, main part built in the 1950s, first addition built-on in 1982 as a sunken living room and two bedrooms, second addition built-on in 1988 as a foyer.
* Lots of cupboard space, two sets of patio doors (one off porch and one off kitchen) leading to two decks, built-in china cabinet
* New rugs, lino, bathroom remodelled (pedestal sink, etc.), new shingles 1999
* Full basement but not finished. 60 gallon hot water tank installed 2002. We have a dual wood/oil furnace but mainly use an outside wood heater. A natural gas line goes to the house but is not hooked up.
* The yard is landscaped with trees (including apple, plum and cherry) and flowers. We have incorporated an old-fashioned outhouse into the landscaping! It looks great! There is also an outdoor clothes-line.
Hazel Dell is about a quarter of a mile away from the land. This is where our home is. A post office, grocery store and three churches can all be found here. Preeceville is ~17 miles away. This is where the schools and amenities such as a sportsplex, bigger grocery stores and machinery dealers are. http://duke.usask.ca/~lowey/Saskatchewan/cities will give you more information on these small towns and others in the area. Yorkton is ~75 miles away (visit www.city.yorkton.sk.ca for more information on this growing city. Saskatoon, the \\\"City of Bridges\\\", is ~180 miles away (www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca).
For our home, we have town water. Our bill averages ~$200 per year. It is very reasonable. As for the land, ample water is found in the form of dugouts. A total of four good dugouts are on the pasture quarters. Also, an 80 foot well (dug 1999, tested 50 gallons/minute) services the four watering bowls easily at the corral system.
* 30x60 foot shop (with an 18x18 office attached) was used for a welding business at one time. It is wired 220, has a hoist and compressor, oil heat, shelving units. This is located a quarter of a mile from the land, at our home on the edge of Hazel Dell.
* Also at the yard, ~50x14 foot shop used for storage.
* 24x40 5-stall closed barn at corral system
There are a total of 626 acres. Please see the link for information on the farm.
The fence ranges in age from 1998 on. Power-line cable and 8 foot treated posts have been used. Three quarters, in total, are fenced.
This is a good rainfall area. Expecting 3-4 1500 pound bales per acre is not unreasonable, depending on the year.
The corral system is very sturdy, serving our purpose well (handling buffalo).